Monday, July 25, 2011


WORS #6 Alterra Coffee Bean Classic - Crystal Ridge

Finished a respectable 23rd yesterday in Franklin, WI at the venue that I've re-named the garbage ski hill. Not a lot of details about the race as I was glad to make it to the start line after a long Saturday at work and no motivation to race. I started from the second row and got off the line good until I couldn't get my left shoe clipped in to my Eggbeater pedal. A rookie mistake that cost me many positions up the start climb that featured a $100 prime this year to the first one over the top. The outer loop immediately after the start around the field only accomplished one thing, and that was to create a single file train of fifty some Elite racers heading straight for the first tight singletrack section that is featured in the video above. I entered this section in 30th place and rode a comfortable pace until we got back to the climbing sections around and up the ski hill before starting the next lap of our four lap race. My only goal was just to finish strong, stay on the bike and not break my bike or body like in earlier races. In the end I was unscathed with my Specialized S-Works Epic 29er being lots better than me. Thanks to the Metro Mountain Bikers

for another great event where I enjoyed the twisted singletrack that this course always throws at you year after year. Also a big thanks to all of my sponsors this season: Adventure 212, Specialized Bicycles, the Hostel Shoppe, Hidden Bay Sports, Ergon, Crank Brothers, NoTubes, Optic Nerve, and Scrub Brake Components. Next up is a 6hr Solo at the Wausau 24 this coming Saturday. Pedal on...


No comments: