Sunday, May 31, 2009

Photos by Mark Farmer from cyclingnews.com



A Tough, but Satisfying  Endurance Saturday

An adventure with my brother Mark & good friend Lee Unwin on our roadtrip to the Mohican 100 is always a good time and having finished this epic event for the second consecutive year is what makes a weekend even more painfully memorable.  This at least goes for me as more on the racing adventures of these other two may come early in the week if I have time to tell their stories.  Just for those that are curious, I hope that Lee's knee heals quickly so he won't miss out on the next roadtrip to the LumberJack 100 in three weeks in Michigan.  

p.s. Lee...Easy on the Super Glue and on trying to pull those stitches out by yourself.  Go see a doctor!



My race goal was to be an hour faster after last years issues with bee stings and a negative attitude in the early miles.  Saturday didn't go as planned with a slow first half before finally getting up to speed late in the race and feeling like I could have ridden another 100 miles as I crossed the finish line battling with a few other racers right to the very end.  I did achieve my goal by being 1hr & 15min faster over last years time with a 29th place finish in what I believe was a deep and talented field of some strong enduro racers.  More stories from the Mohican to come later after I recover from our marathon drive that we had today to get home. And of course this weekend would not have happened without the support of Adventure 212, Specialized, Ergon, Twin 6, Hidden Bay, Crank Brothers, Scrub and all the others out there in the bicycle industry who keep us pedaling.   Pedal on... 

Check out this Garmin Connect activity: Mohican 100
Mohican 100



the start preem hill just 1 mile from the start

No comments: