Thursday, April 30, 2009

Last Work Day of the Week

Packing tonight to head back to my hometown of Jackson, Michigan with my brother early Friday morning. A few stops are planned along the way with the Fort Custer Recreational Mtb trails being the first one tomorrow to meet friends early in the afternoon. Saturday will probably see us at the Potawatomi Trail in Pinckney, Michigan to hit up the 17 mile loop for a few laps that has always been a favorite of mine. This weekend is the first test of my shoulder on real singletrack to see how it's feeling to gauge the next few weeks of training before the WORS Iola race. I'm positive that it'll be fine, I just don't want to take any unnecessary chances if it's not. Yesterday I rode the Epic S-Works into work on the Green Circle trail and made a few minor adjustments to it before riding the short route home. Some more time with the suspension set-up and this bike will be a rocket ship vs. the S-Works Stumpy FSR that I raced last year. At this time of the year the bike can only make this old guy look better out on the trails. I'm also starting to think that the WEMS Stump Farm race looks appealing on the 9th of May seeing that I have the weekend off. The 6 hour race would fit into my training plan very well and it would be my first WEMS event. Pedal on...

1 comment:

Jlundo said...

no 12 hour huh? That would have been a blast. The trails are in great condition and fast as always I did 5.5 hours on my single speed yesterday in a 32x16 setup.