Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Decisions

In the next few days I'll need to make a decision about an early season event that's on my schedule. Besides a nagging head cold & sinus issues, I'm feeling like my program is where it needs to be in early April for the important "A" races later on. My #1 concern at the moment is my right shoulder that is slowly getting better every week, but one wrong movement can easily take me quickly backwards and leave me with an arm that is below average strength wise and painful. I'm good as long as I stay on the bike, but once off it I'm forgetting about being careful with certain everyday situations. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Today was a good day off from work as the temps hit a sunny 50 degrees along with our daily wind gusts that were out of the northwest when I started my ride. You have to feel good when you eliminate all but a long sleeve jersey and vest along with shorts and leg warmers. The TriCross was parked as I finally brought the Roubaix out so I could play with the PowerTap and Garmin 705. What a difference 700x23 road tires make compared to cyclocross tires even with my rear tire looking like a slick from the last 5 weeks of pavement. It almost felt effortless except for the wind that I battled with off and on for a few miles. For the rest of the week, my main goal is to rid myself of this head cold once and for all before the Point du Nord Spring Classic on Sunday. Pedal on...

No comments: