Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day #1 w/ Sick Child

How I started my week:
  1. Alarm goes off at 6am
  2. Laura and I get the kids dressed and they eat breakfast
  3. I rush off to drop them at day care where everything seemed fine
  4. Pull into the Ford dealership and drop my Explorer off
  5. As my Explorer is driven off for repairs my cell phone comes to life
  6. Day care calls about crusty eyed Sebastian who I need to pick up
  7. I'm saved with a loaner car from the dealership with rain coming down
  8. Get doctors appointment for 9am as I pull into the day care parking lot
  9. Call work
  10. Seb and I wait about 45 minutes in a room where he wants to touch everything
  11. Finally see the doc and find out he has Pink Eye, an ear infection, and a bronchial infection
  12. Back into the car and off to Walgreens where I find he's not listed yet in the computer system under our family plan
  13. I leave the prescription, drive home, get more info and finally get the cure all banana flavored antibiotic and Seb falls asleep in the car
  14. Back at home I try to get a miserable little Seb to eat and nap with no success until the second go around
  15. I finally take a break and fall asleep on the couch for a few minutes
  16. I realize that I'm totally worn out and I'm suppose to be an endurance mtb racer?
  17. Day #2 is just beginning...Pedal on

No comments: