Monday, September 29, 2008

WORS Sunday
The Shawano Wolf River Elite race didn't have the biggest field yesterday, but it was one of my best xc races in a few years with a 10th overall and it was a fun day battling with some great WORS racers. The course was much better than what I had anticipated since my first lap of the race was my pre-ride. The singletrack was good with its tight corners, sand, dips and short power climbs. The culvert that took us out from the start loop and back to the finish loop under the highway was just the perfect size for a person on a bike to ride through. The culvert scraped helmets and did take skin off elbows(including mine) on the way back in with my great eyesight that I have. Again my Specialized Stumpjumper S-Works handled great and it was nice having 5 inches of travel to smooth out the new course. Thanks to all the volunteers who helped to make this new race happen. Pedal on...

No comments: