Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Recovery
After my usual off day on Monday, today looks to be a recovery day on the mountain bike as my legs are feeling the effects of the wind and cold from the weekend I'll maybe get out on my new mountain bike and attempt to get the set-up dialed in while riding the trails around town with some protection from the wind. It seems like I keep coming across tire choice discussions for the Trans Iowa race with the fresh gravel being put down on the gravel roads and it looks like I'll need to go wider possibly with my tires of choice. I've been riding the gravel roads in Central Wisconsin daily and a few have been graded and other favorite routes of mine have a nice thick top coat of soft, rocky black dirt that has been spread in the last week. So far my cross tires have been fine, but it's not like I'm riding on the back farm roads of Iowa.

No comments: