Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Day-off Tuesday

The Sunday Spring Classic ride had fifteen of us who braved the thick fog conditions for a good 50 miler with the sun eventually coming out and burning off the fog and any moisture on the roads. Good coffee was found at the conclusion of the ride along with a visit to the local sports bar by a few for carbo reloading with some pints of dark beer. An early update failed to appear as my home internet connection has failed to work since Sunday afternoon and I haven't had time to deal with it yet. Thankfully Emy J's has wireless, unlike the new major coffee chain in town who has a long way to go with creating an atmosphere like Emy J's. I'm getting pumped as I should shortly be seeing some great product from Ergon shortly. The Ergon grips are the best single accessory that a person can purchase for mountain biking for comfort and performance. If I had not followed the reviews of these grips that Jeff Kerkove had posted on his blog over the last few years, I can honestly admit that I probably wouldn't be starting my 18+ year of competitive racing if I hadn't found and raced with products that make so much of a difference to me. If you haven't tried Ergon grips, get down to your local shop and give them a try. We all want to ride as much as we can when time permits and this product will get you through the long rides every time you get out on the trails.

Back to my exciting day-off. Today I'm heading out to Standing Rocks to check out the single-track for downed trees and other trail issues as this next month(April) will be all about getting the trails ready for the May 1st opening. In the afternoon I'm heading up through the Dewey Marsh for some gravel grinding for 3-4 hours before fatherly duties take affect later in the late afternoon. My Trans-Iowa machine should be arriving shortly as my training has been progressing as planned for the big gravel weekend. Ride on...

No comments: