Friday, September 08, 2006

Race?
This weekend looks to be a non-race weekend as I've decided to give my hand a little more attention and not make it worse before the Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival next weekend. I'll still get my long rides in, but without a chance of being taken down or by crashing solo like I did at the Devil's Head WORS race. Luckily I was not dragged out of bed by a little person last night and did get a full nights sleep in before going to get my hand splint/brace today at the hospital. I'll need to wear this when I'm not riding to keep myself from using my left paw at work and around the house.

Training has been good and I have felt strong and rested this month while aiming for my next 24 hour race coming up in October. It's feels good to go out and not feel like I'd rather be doing something different from cycling. With the Chequamegon Fat Tire Fest, the 24 hour solo worlds, and the IceMan Cometh all coming up on the schedule, I feel motivated to finish the season strong with some good results while enjoying the long road trips.

Again the day starts with about a dozen tasks to complete before I can even think about the weekend. Keep spinning...

No comments: