Friday, February 01, 2013

Bikes & More Snow

January came and went faster than usual this year. It started off right after the new year with a week away from training to get a bad spot of skin taken care of before it turned into something worse. The next weekend was a first for "Fat Bikes" in the central Wisconsin area when I led the Iola Nordic Invite races on my Pugsley while capturing the races on my seat post mounted GoPro camera. Lots of fun and hoping that it could lead to a future fat bike race at the Iola Winter Sports Club in the future. For the last half off the month it has been all about bike building and commuting. Our team bikes have arrived early this season along with a new Roubaix SL4 that is ready for winter to disappear and for the Spring Classic Training Series to begin. The SCTS schedule should be up on the Heartland Bike Club web page in March @ ( www.heartlandclub.org ). My commuting is really just an excuse for me to ride more. Rarely do I just ride straight to work there is time after getting the kids off to school. No two rides are ever the same for me as the fat bike likes to wander in search of new trails/roads. Yesterday's commute was a first with walking the almost five miles to work on the Green Circle Trail and the un-plowed bike paths. The trip home was more of the norm riding the fatty with the temps just hitting zero and the wind chill starting to sting for what will be a very cold weekend here. Wish I was heading to someplace warm to try out my new SRAM XX1 equipped Specialized EPIC... Races on my radar for 2013 include: Sweaty Yeti Fat Bike, Barry-Roubaix, Cohutta 100, WORS, Mohican 100, Chequamegon 100, Wilderness 101, Bell's Beer Mtn Bike Fest Copper Harbor, Chequamegon Fat Tire 40, and the Iceman Cometh. Pedal on...

No comments: