Monday, May 17, 2010

One of Those Days???
Yesterday was one of those days where nothing seemed to go right at the WORS Crystal Lake Classic.  I'm not sure what was going on, but from the way the last week has been nothing really surprises me with the way I raced.  I'll call it a race attempt gone bad in terms of not riding to my potential.   My competitive drive seemed to be left at home and physically I just didn't have anything in reserve to put out for this challenging course.  At times I felt OK flowing at a pretty good pace, but for a majority of the time it felt like I was on a training ride just putting my time in and suffering like I haven't ridden a whole lot this season.  I need to thank the 40 plus age group train that rescued me from pulling myself out of the race on lap two.  They were Dan Holsen, Jan Rybar, and John Shull who threw me a tow rope.  Without the encouragement to jump on their wheels, I would have pulled the plug as we lapped through the start/finish area as the race demons were playing head games with me.  My 29er worked great, but to be totally honest, on this course my Epic wouldn't have suited me better with the full suspension even though it's a little wheeled bike as some people call it.  With this event behind its time to re-focus on my season and enjoy this next weekends event the Chequamegon 100 with lots of friends who will be riding this new self-supported event on some of the best single-track in Wisconsin up in the Northwoods having fun and looking forward to the post ride activities. Last but not forgotten, congrats to all the great finishes by my Adventure 212/Specialized teammates yesterday!  Pedal on...

No comments: