Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ice Road Biking...

Got out for a damp, but good ride this morning with Mark and the other Scott from the Hostel Shoppe. The wind was gusting in the high teens every time we headed east and luckily with the route that I chose, those stretches weren't very long and never turned into death marches. I'll take these conditions whenever I get a chance to ride outside considering that it's still January here in Wisconsin. Last year all my riding for January was done on the trainer, which is all about time since the scenery in the basement never changes and you never go anywhere. It's been great to actually see the miles and hours accumulate with the commuting and weekend long rides this month. If the weather system can at least stay like today's conditions, I'm looking forward to getting out again tomorrow for another 2-3 hours. Pedal on...




No comments: