Saturday, July 11, 2009



As the 24 hours of 9-Mile countdown hits 14 days, yesterdays ride to Madison with a dozen cyclists was just what I needed to pump life back into a long season of training already. I knew a few of the other cyclists, but for the most part I met a lot of new people who I hope to see at other events this year and maybe even on a club ride if I make it up to Wausau to ride with the Rib Mtn Flyers. This picture was taken near the East Towne Mall on the outskirts of Madison. From this stop we cruised on the bike paths all the way down to the Capital square where it all ended at the Great Dane Brewery with lots of refreshing cold beer. Again I was reminded that riding a bike isn't just about racing. It's got to be fun first, riding is always better with good company and on great routes like the one we rode yesterday, otherwise why do it. Pedal on...

No comments: