Monday, June 29, 2009

4 Weeks...

It's hard to believe that July is only a few days away. 24-9 is occupying most of my thoughts these days as training is hitting the last three weeks on schedule before the planned taper starts. My veteran crew is set in the pits for this race and it seems like just another race as training moves forward. Laura is going to try and stay awake this year for the whole 24hr period which would be a first as we've found some friends to watch our adventuresome little guy and my five year old drama princess can call our tent at 24-9 her castle for the weekend. Laura did tell some friends Saturday night that this will be my last 24-9 solo..???...which means that I'm going to make the most of it no matter what's thrown at me during this long day of racing and having fun.

This upcoming weekend WORS is on the race calendar with the Chippewa Valley Firecracker in Eau Claire. It'll be good to see everyone after a three race absence that saw two of the NUE Series races thrown into my racing mix this spring. Now I just need to find those fast twitch leg muscles that don't like to be used very often so I'm not left behind at the start. Look for the Adventure 212 jersey's this weekend as everyone should be flying the team colors at this race except for Chris Peariso who's battling the tough North Shore single track in British Columbia at the BC 7 stage race solo this week. Follow Chris HERE if you want an update on the fun that our team leader has gotten himself into. Pedal on...

No comments: