Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Chilled...
Last night I had everything laid out for spinning class at 5:30am with the alarm set for 4:30am. Things were good until what I thought was an early bedtime turned into a marathon event with a certain little guy being really restless. Once I got settled back down in bed it was almost midnight and as terrible as I am with getting a good night's sleep I decided to cancel my spinning plans and challenge the negative temps with a refreshing bike commute this morning. After dropping the kids off at the daycare and checking out Emy J's coffee shop, I figured that if all these college students in the area can walk blocks or even miles with no hats and minimum clothing on for warmth, I can at least bike the 5 miles dressed in my winter riding kit to work. Just reading Charlie Farrow's blog who is another five hours North of Stevens Point has made me want to ride more outside. He's been out laying down knobby tracks in and around Duluth recently in some very cool conditions and even though I may not be "feeding the rat" up to his level, at least I'm staying active and have been getting off the lazy couch. Pedal on...

No comments: