Friday, October 24, 2008

Retro CX 2005 Verona

It's Barrier & Cow Bell Time
The weekend plan of looking scary while running over barriers and trying to jump back on my Specialized Tricross looks to be a sure thing after talking to other cyclists. I've decided that if it's raining, cyclocross is even more fun for me if the conditions get terrible and with my lack of practicing it will be better if the course becomes a bit more technical. I have been riding my cyclocross bike more lately, but my dismounts have only been for hurdling construction barriers on my work commute and any other obstacles on pavement or dirt that I've had to deal with. The Halloween Cross will be a good step towards the IceMan that is now only two weeks away. With the days being shorter it's good to have a cyclocross weekend to keep me somewhat sane. The early arrival of darkness makes me want to plant myself on the couch if I don't have something to keep myself busy. For a quick update, my chunk blowing little guy (Sebastian) is finally back to normal with just a runny nose issue as his speed has picked up again while he moves about the house like a little drunk sailor reorganizing whatever he can get his hands on if it's not edible. Pedal on...

2 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

I hope you're going to dress up?

Scott Cole said...

Still trying to come up with some sort of costume. I'm pretty old and scary to start with.