Monday, September 08, 2008

Smokin "Wet" Spoke
Yesterday was another road trip North as Mark and I made our way to Rhinelander for one last race before the mighty Chequamegon Fat Tire 40 next weekend. It looked like we would have a good length race with three 10.5 mile laps until mother nature stepped in and spoiled the party. With very dark clouds and thunder booms in the area the Elite's and Comp's were told we were finishing about a 1/4 mile from the finish after lap two. With a good big ring push after my brother yelled at me a second time that we were finishing this lap, I rolled under the finish banner in 17th overall. I was in the top half of the finishers and happy with my result after having to learn the course on the first lap again after no pre-ride on Saturday. At this point (just over an hour) in a shorter race is where my legs usually start coming around and I find find my xc race pace which is the norm these days in any race that is under three hours. After rolling through the finish chute I headed to the car and barely got the bike on the roof rack before the rain and hail started. Not the ideal distance that I wanted for this weekend, but I'm healthy and looking forward to the Fat Tire with my family this coming weekend. Pedal on...

No comments: