Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lazy Morning
It was the first morning that I've actually been out on the Green Circle trail in over two months. The Green Circle is a 30 mile trail that circles around and through the city of Stevens Point. This Spring a portion of it was closed down where it ran through private land and a new access route was purchased to keep this from happening in the future. The Green Circle has always been one of my great routes to ride on the mountain or cross bike as it can be ridden any time of the day or night with little worry of cars and other dangers. With the section being closed it took us out on a 3 mile detour on country roads that just aren't as scenic as being along a river and cruising in the woods. I ended up taking a few pictures of the existing trail and where the new section will run as the granite and new footings were being laid down this week. In about sixty days we'll have the complete circle intact again which is much sooner than expected. These are rides that I look forward to early on my early training mornings and I'll just force myself to ride different routes or force myself to ride the detoured circle. Pedal on...



No comments: