Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Shifting Gears
This morning was more about quality time on the bike versus lots of time on the bike. My warm up was my enduro pace for a short period with a dozen hard short sprints coming next to remind my legs and brain that it's not always all about going long and slow. I had a cross country coach in college that would remind us often that if we ever felt like crap while out on a run, we should pick the pace up and blow the crap out of our system that was causing our bodies to feel slow and sluggish. For some reason this method of madness continues to work for me some twenty years later.


Trans Iowa V2 2006


As I set here thinking about Trans Iowa, I'm not to crazy about the ten day forecast in NE Iowa, but it's a bike race and we all have to deal with it. Maybe the conditions will be good, maybe they won't, but in 300 miles anything can happen when you throw in a combination of daylight, darkness, and gravel with whatever else Mother Nature can add to it. I'm looking forward to this event and can't wait for it to start. Did I see in the 10 day forecast "a feels like 18 degrees" for start time on April 28th at 4 AM?

No comments: