Friday, April 20, 2007

I'm Lazy
This morning was a struggle to get out of bed as I reset the alarm at five am and just now rolled out of bed a little after six. With an extra hour of sleep I should still have enough time before work to get a good 40 to 50 miler in before punching the time clock. Tomorrow is another work day with my riding needing to happen early again and Sunday is the Amherst Gold Spring Classic 75 miler with singletrack trail work later in the afternoon. With a little ambition I can turn the AG ride into a century by riding slowly out to the start in Amherst by taking the long way. So much for a long post today with only a few minutes to type with my Heavy Pedal Roast coffee in hand before getting dressed to ride. Lately my attention has been on the Decorah/eastern Iowa weather for the next ten days with hopes for good weather. Time to turn the pedals...

3 comments:

Paul said...

Man, 40-50 miles before work? What, do you work the night shift?!!? %^)

I am praying for good weather as well!

Scott Cole said...

No night shift, just manage a bicycle shop working 45-50 hours a week. It's easier getting the ride out of the way in the morning vs. getting stuck at work late and getting no ride in.

Paul said...

I was being slightly sarcastic. I would have to wake up at 3 in the morning to get that kind of mileage in and then I would still be late for work! %^)

See you at Mabes!