Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Parts and Trainers

Today the rest of my SRAM Force groupo arrives. Finally! It'll give me something to build this weekend before the weather gets nice enough for the Waterford's first ride outside. Another friend has a custom Italian road bike that was his present for turning 50 last month and we've decided to have a ride on the new machines, but first the temps must be in the 70's and secondly the roads need to be somewhat clean from all the sand that was thrown down this winter. I was thinking that the Alp du Rib ride would fit in nicely with this as the route to Wausau is different from the usual direction that we ride, and to top it off we can climb Rib Mountain(the Big Hill) before heading back to Point.

Speaking of trainers and bad weather. Today I'm riding the singlespeed to work in wind and snow to avoid the basement again. I would rather be cold for an hour vs. having to swing a leg over my road bike on the trainer while entertaining myself. This spring has been ridiculous with what you wake up to each morning. The only good benefit from this bad weather is to look at it as a recovery week before the final two weeks of my Trans Iowa training. I have been neeeding more sleep lately and this week could bring the zip back into my legs if I'm not stuck in overdrive already.

1 comment:

Jlundo said...

Riding in the snow wasn't too bad here in Appleton, but the wind was horrible and with work being by the airport there wasn't too much to protect me from the elements, but I pedaled on.

Bring on the 70's....Please

Oh by the way, looking to relocate back to the north...more on that later.