Saturday, March 31, 2007

Spring Weather???

Not a whole lot of posting this week with my internet connection at home still not working.

Below are the good things that happened this week:
  1. Made it into the Chequamegon Fat Tire 40 surviving this years lottery.
  2. My new Specialized Tri-Cross Expert bicycle for the Trans Iowa race arrived on Wednesday. The set-up is coming along good with just over 100 miles logged on it in the last couple of days.
  3. My new Ergon grips were delivered and the new GX2 carbon grips rock.
  4. Rode my new S-Works mountain bike around the neighborhood for it's first trial run.
  5. Turned 43 today and rode my age in mileage to continue the yearly tradition. I actually rode a a few extra to make sure I'd be able to make it next year. The weather was crappy with a 20+ mph head wind out of the east, but even with bad weather or not, it's my day and my ride. Nothing will cancel this ride.

Tomorrow the weather forecast again is terrible. I'll still be out fighting mother nature hammering away the miles with however many friends show up at 10:30 at Clancy's for my b-day ride with friends and a few good local dark beers afterwards. Pedal on...

No comments: