Friday, November 17, 2006

WORS 2007 Rant

Why did I waste my time this morning reading the many pages of posts concerning 3 new WORS marathon events for the 07 schedule? From the same handful of WORS message board regulars(with only a few I value an opinion from) that seem to always have an issue with anything new that might happen to this series before all the information is out about the format changes or we have actually completed the first WORS marathon event next season. Throughout the last eighteen years of mountain bike racing I have seen events and courses that I thought for sure would suck and not be challenging for the time I invested with travel and other costs, turn out to be some of the best events I've competed in. Sometimes that's not the case, but that percentage of bad courses have been very small with the many different series that I've competed in from Wisconsin to Florida. We're lucky to have WORS, WEMS, Fat Tire 40, 24-9, and O2S events so conviently located in the midwest. These new events will be a nice change helping to make the series possibly better, while hopefully bringing in some new participants also. Finally, if the majority of the racers posting on the WORS message board would put the same amount of effort into training for the 07 season as they do with these constant postings and endless babble, they may find all the new events to be a refreshing change and challenging, be it a wide open course or one that has a mix of good singletrack. If you want to make a difference, volunteer at an event and make it the best event it can be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your comments. People don't appreciate things until they are gone and someday, just simply by the evalution of products things must change. WORS is a product that we as consumers either can choose to purchase/particapate in or to not. I choose to particapate for several resasons including the events are fun, run on time, my family can participate and on and on. Again a product must either change or evolve or it will not be profitable and thus begin to be a lose for the supplier and then for certain fall off the market.

Hauser said...

I agree Scott, as one of the crews organizing a marathon race, it would be nice if the freaks that post would try something before tearing it to shreds. I guess losing those 6 riders will not break the bank, I think we will be better off if they stay home anyway.

Take care and have a good off-season, see you next year.

Hauser

Anonymous said...

Very well said. I realley enjoy your blog. Buzz