Thursday, October 26, 2006

Long Work Week
The only good thing to come out of this week will be some good overtime pay and the Demo wheelsets from American Classic to try on my mountain and road bikes that were dropped off yesterday. I'll ride the mountain bike set this weekend and make a decision about whether or not to use them next weekend at the IceMan Cometh in Traverse City, Michigan. I'm looking forward to Saturdays WORS ride out at Standing Rocks before the series awards banquet at Sentry World that evening. It'll be good to ride with what I hope to be is a fairly large turnout of first time trail users on the 14 miles of singletrack that has been developed over the last four years by a small group of volunteers. Only nine more days before my season is officially over for 2006 and I can finally relax for a few weeks with no worries about training. I've already got a tentative plan for next season with that race schedule probably showing up on this blog within the next month. If all goes well this winter, I'll start my race season in late March or early April along with a few big races throughout the summer. Time and training will be the biggest factor for 2007.

No comments: