Friday, July 19, 2013

WORS Subaru Cup/Colorado/Family

Lots of fun last weekend with my A212 Team and friends at the Subaru Cup in Mount Morris, WI just a short drive from home. Managed to put a complete race together with a tolerable amount of back pain on this challenging course. Ended up 2nd in the 45-54 cat 1 for a podium, medal and a greenback. Had to skip out of town early and miss Sundays Short Track and Super D opting out for a flight to Colorado for the 2014 Specialized Product Launch Dealer Event. Even more fun to be had for the coming week as I turned into a little kid waiting on Christmas morning to come in great anticipation of the new bikes and product. I was not to be disappointed with the new Epics, Roubaix's Crux's and Fat Boy's! Throw in a few great rides where I was breathing like it was a Lamaze class climbing Vail Pass, some real mountain hike-a-bike at over 11,000 ft, teeter totters and arm pumping descents made me a very happy camper in Copper Mtn! Arrived home on Thursday night for a soccer game, Friday work, Friday night track & field meet and work again today to get back to my normal schedule after my travels. Looking forward to the next few weeks with some more time off and a chance to get healthier before my next races in August. Pedal on...

No comments: