Sunday, April 14, 2013

Another White Weekend

Lately it's been all about the weather here in central Wisconsin. We were spoiled after last year with the high temps in March, but this year the long lasting winter isn't giving spring a chance. I remember bad weekends from past years, but never snow like we have with colder temps this far into April. I'm still waiting to ride my new mountain bike on dirt and with this weather, that might happen first on the pre-ride at the Cohutta 100 in less than two weeks. Over the last three weekends I've rode my birthday miles, had some big crashes playing on the ice and snow with my Fat Bike, broke my new road bike in at the wet Ripon Red Hawks Spring Classic, and have co-hosted two Heartland Bike Club Spring Classic rides. Today's was more of a snow classic than spring because of the rain, sleet, and 2 inches of snow that covered the roads quickly. My training seems good, but I'm still missing the early season bikers tan because of the multiple layers of biking clothing to stay warm and dry. Here's hoping that normal weather makes an appearance soon! Pedal on...

No comments: