Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bikes & More Bikes

Test riding on the new 2011 S-Works Tarmac. A short break just above Montezuma while waiting on the others in our group after an 8 mile climb up. The best part of the ride was coasting back down the winding road at 40mph and/or faster to the Specialized demo/test area. I'm still sold on my Roubaix as my road bike of choice. I need a bike that I can ride all day long on and still be in that comfort zone. The Tarmac is really nice for this coming year, just not the type of geometry that I'm looking for in a road bike. A new Roubaix is probably on the horizon for me with all the improvements that have been made to an already awesome bike by Specialized. I can go plenty fast enough on the Roubaix when I need to. Looking forward to another demo/test ride opportunity tomorrow morning before the meetings start up again after lunch. Keystone is a beautiful place to be at this time of year as a cyclist or as a tourist just relaxing on vacation enjoying the scenery. It's going to be hard going back to my normal routine at the end of the week with having to work on Saturday. Time now to see how well I sleep tonight after another long day...
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular

1 comment:

Bandit said...

I know nothing about road bikes, so I'm glad to hear you like the Roubaix, it's what I ended up going with for my road bike.