Sunday, June 20, 2010

Why Me???

Had a Jeckyl & Hyde day at the LJ 100 yesterday. 70 miles in I rip a hole into my rear tire and DNF after running near the top 15 for 2/3 of the race. Had fun, talked badly out loud after the tire fiasco, spent some time with my parents, but felt better than I have over the last few months. Glad to be somewhat healthier and in one piece ready for the next battle. The course was in perfect shape and the single-track is some of the best I've ridden. The new 3 lap format was a good change from the previous 4 laps we did. Even with a bummer of a day for myself, the enduro racers and support people at this event make it one of the best NUE series events out of the 3 that I've raced. Congrats to Lee and Mark for having good races and for always making these race journeys interesting and somewhat a comedy. Also a BIG THANKS to Shari for super pit support again and to Jeff Buerman for the pop-up tent. Next up is the Pro/XCT in Mt Morris Wisconsin. Pedal on...
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular

No comments: