Monday, June 14, 2010

Just Riding, No Racing
This last week has been all about just riding with no structured training as I've had fun riding by myself, with friends and family.  Some damage control has been in the works to re-charge a body that hasn't been firing on all cylinders for the last few months and  it was time to take a weekend off from racing before the LumberJack 100 in Michigan this coming Saturday.  So far, so good as my cycling flame has been slowly re-ignited after going back to the basics and realizing that I ride/race because it's suppose to be fun and most importantly it's a lifestyle choice that is a very big part of my life.   Since the ill-fated Mohican 100 I've ridden a few of my favorite road routes, commuted into work on a couple of occasions, mountain biked our Green Circle with a few fun detours added in, rode an easy century over the weekend and had a fun ride with my daughter through the local reserve trails.  Yes, I missed not being at the WORS race yesterday with my team and friends,  but overall this was a much needed recovery week for me and there are plenty of races to come this season.  Pedal on...

1 comment:

Darrin & Lynn said...

I think you are right about the rest. See you soon!!