Friday, May 21, 2010

Busy Weekend!
It all starts with "Bike to Work Day" today and continues on with the "Chequamegon 100" tomorrow with lots of new single-track in the Northwoods that I've never pedaled through with many friends from the Midwest.  Weather is going to be beautiful for once with the sun and summer like temps in the 80's.  When I was a kid we would go up north in the lower peninsula of Michigan for weekend mini vacations three hours straight north from home and it still seems that I'm following somewhat of a family tradition with weekend events and races.  The only difference is that my brother and I were twisting throttles on our mx bikes instead of pedaling.  Same looking woods, same type of trails, just a different way to get through them and and have the same amount of fun.  Later this weekend I hope to have 100 miles worth of stories from this inaugural event called the Cheq 100.  Pedal on...

2 comments:

Kyia said...

Good luck Scott! have a great race!

Charlie Farrow said...

Scott...Help me I'm still lost:)
Great to see you again...
Best regards,
Charlie