Saturday, January 30, 2010

Base Miles in my Winter Wonderland

Got out today for a good ride that lasted longer than what I had told my wife when I walked out of the garage. As cold as it was outside today, I could have ridden longer if dinner and darkness hadn't come. The Bar Mitts on my handlebars are still, in my opinion, one of the best accessories I've acquired for cold weather cycling. It's amazing how minimal your glove can be when it's 16 degrees outside or colder when you have Bar Mitts on your bike. Not having a bulky lobster mitt on makes it a lot easier to eat and get things out of pockets if needed along with other things that can come up when cycling in cold nasty conditions. Tomorrow should be some more of getting out and putting some easy saddle time in. This sure beats being inside and it's a nice break for a dad when you can disappear for a few hours. Pedal on...




No comments: