Monday, September 14, 2009


WORS Treadfest Lake Geneva


Another suffer-fest is in the books as race number ten in the WORS twelve race series is completed. A tough first lap with no idea about the complete course layout after not getting to pre-ride the course and with only having limited memory from the mud race here two years ago, I had a few close calls in the thick dust and as my bike and body weren't flowing very well in the singletrack. My last three laps were my best yesterday with my last being the fastest split and it always seems that I'm starting to get settled into a good hard pace and the race is over. We need to make these races longer and I would be very happy. I finished in 23rd overall in the Pro/Elite race and was in position for another sprint finish to the line with five of us fighting for position coming out of the woods that didn't find any speed left in the old legs at the end. The one good bonus was that this race had me on the bike for 2 hours and 24 minutes which is longer than my last two Chequamegon Fat Tire 40 finish times. The last five weeks have been all about getting ready for Chequamegon and next Saturday in Hayward, WI I'll start my 15th consecutive Fat Tire 40. Overall it was another good day for the Adventure 212/Specialized MTB Team and a big thanks to Michelle & Chris Peariso from Adventure 212 for all their support this season. Pedal on...

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular

No comments: