Friday, December 19, 2008

Let it Snow...

G-Ted and I were thinking alike this morning as I read his blog drinking some good black coffee to get my Friday off to a running start. With the snow that fell last night and what I've read is back home in southern Michigan it looks like I might need to change my plans and take my snowshoes instead of a mountain bike home over the holidays. Yesterday I also decided that I need to act now if I want to xc skate ski and replace my boots before the suppliers inventories are gone. I haven't been on my skate skis in a few years opting to just get out on the classics instead. It's been easier with the no-wax skis and I'm sort of lazy in the winter months unless it's bike oriented. This morning I'm going to attempt to get out the door early to finish working on my S-Works Stumpjumper FSR so that my brother can help me sell it over the next few weeks. Once the S-Works Stumpy is gone I need to put more effort into selling my Stumpy 29'er hardtail before next seasons race bike arrives. For now I'm off to work for a short day before heading to a gingerbread house building party with the family this evening. Anything baked treats around Christmas is definitely one of my weaknesses that negate all attempts at maintaining my current fitness level. Pedal on, glide, snowshoe or just be lazy...

No comments: