Monday, November 03, 2008

One to Go
This week will see my last hard cycling workout for the year. Tomorrow is all tempo on the road or cross bike before it's time to coast into the IceMan weekend. Yesterday, Chris Peariso and I hit the roads with four good ten minute efforts just below my LT and we ended the windy ride with four all out sprints up to a minute in duration. My saving grace during this workout was knowing that Chris is the "Latte King" with his high performance coffee bar at his house that was waiting for us at the end of the ride. The thought of good latte created with Alterra coffee will get me through just about any amount of pain if needed. With all the riding I do alone it was and is always motivating having a training partner on the road yesterday. It's always been hard for me to keep the training level up at a good intensity late in October and into November. This will be my 10th Iceman and I would like to see the podium for the 8th time with a good race effort. 2008 has been a long season and I'm looking forward to some time away from the bike before training ramps up again for 2009. Pedal on...

No comments: