Friday, October 17, 2008

TGIF
This week is finally starting to get back to normal after doing my civic duty at the court house. Being back at work was a shock to the system as Winter is fast approaching according to the customers who were getting their kids fitted with ski and snow board equipment. I did get on my bike for a short commute to work and a dark ride back home with the NiteRider MiNewt Mini USB Plus blazing a trail for me from the helmet mount. Mark and I chose to take the new bike path that leads us out of the business park that is under construction and resembles a big sand box with a short climb thrown in the middle for a challenge. Once under the highway it's a mix of side streets and another new bike path until we get back to dirt in the local park that takes us under the railroad tracks and eventually into a neighborhood just south of my final destination. Riding my bike in October isn't always about workouts and distance, but a chance to relax and slow life down a little in this world where we seem to always be in a hurry no matter what we're doing.


No Cyclocross this weekend as family duties trump everything, but for the next weekend on the 26th I plan on hitting up the Halloween CX down near Milwaukee just to see the EXPO team and the costumes they will be cyclocrossing in. Pedal on and always have fun on your bike...

No comments: