Friday, August 08, 2008

What I Consumed for 24hrs
  • 18 bottles of Ensure - Chocolate & Strawberry
  • 4 hammer flasks of gel - Espresso & Banana
  • 10-12 5oz Dixie cups of blueberries & Strawberries, 3/4 of the laps
  • 8 Bananas in Dixie cups and/or handed up
  • Orange Slices
  • 2 24oz bottles of Hammer Perpetuem
  • 20oz of Nuun each lap
  • 15-20oz of H20 each lap
  • Pretzels in Dixie cups almost every lap
  • Boiled red potatoes lightly salted when I needed a change
  • Coke - a drink each lap to refresh the taste buds
  • 3 Hammer Bars
  • 1 Cliff Bar
  • 3 Hammer Endurolytes capsules each lap

3 comments:

Charlie Farrow said...

BRAVO!!!!! You were fantastic!!!
One of the best efforts I have ever personally witnessed in mountain bike racing!!!! You on on the LIST!!!!

Great Job!!!!
xoxoxoxo
Charlie

Jeff Kerkove said...

That is a ton of food. Not sure my gut could hold all that. Excellent effort!

Scott Cole said...

After last years issues I went back to what has worked in the past. At the end of each lap my stomach was pretty empty and I never felt bloated as I paced my intake throughout the lap. Maybe I just burn more calories being that I'm an old guy? Great race at Leadville and Nice Buckle!