Sunday, May 25, 2008

AM/PM Riding








Sometimes you just need to get on the bike and ride when time is limited and work gets in the way. Saturday morning I was up before the sun appeared and the Cole brothers were on our bikes at Standing Rocks railing through the trails well before most people were out of bed. Again, coffee was involved to quick start my system with the 40ish degree temps, but all is always fine when on the bike riding. A lap later and with some extra hill work tossed in for a bonus, we both headed off to a long day of work at the bike shop before returning later to Standing Rocks to ride with some friends, take some pics and video, and finally heading home. Coming up rapidly is my Mohawk 100 road trip with Lee Unwin only one week away, it's time to back off on training and have some fun along with getting the bike race ready and other gear ready. It's going to be good racing in a new series/location to help keep the motivation going after all the years competing. With the LumberJack 100 only two weekends later, it will give me a good idea of where I'm at with my training as I look ahead to 24-9 and some redemption after last years sub-par performance. The gas prices are going to be the most depressing part of getting to these races as I had word yesterday that the Chicago area stations were 20 cents a gallon above our prices here in the middle of Wisconsin. Bicycles aren't so bad to have for commuting when gas prices are soaring at the pumps. The mpg is always great. Pedal on...



Just Ride!



Standing Rocks Newbie

No comments: