Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunday Fun Day
Today's Point du Nord road ride attracted fifteen cyclists that got to experience our own club version of the "Hell of the North" here in central Wisconsin. The warmer weather with sunshine was enough to make the 70 mile ride with it's 20 plus miles of gravel roads roll by quite quickly. No casualties this year, just a great ride overall. After the ride home I refueled and showered before heading out to Standing Rocks for a scheduled day of trail work as eight of us raked about five miles of singletrack to try and get the trails ready for opening day on May 1st. Less than two weeks before the Trans Iowa race. Training has been good and I do have a better idea of what I'm carrying and how I'm going to keep my body from shutting down over the 322 mile event. Just before the event I'll post what the final bike set-up will look like with pictures and a list of what I'll carry throughout the self-supported event. This next Tuesday will be my last long training ride as time and distance on the bike will begin to decrease as I start my taper. Pedal on...

No comments: